Notices / Advertisements
A Special Session of the Municipal Council of the Municipality of the County of Colchester will be held in Council Chambers of the Municipal Building, 1 Church Street, Truro, Nova Scotia, on Thursday, August 9, 2018 at 7:00 p.m.
The purpose of this meeting is to consider, by way of Second Reading, amendments to Chapter 33 – Solid Waste By-law. The proposed amendments would:
- Direct that blue bags only would be used for the collection of recycled materials.
- Provide Council the authority to arrange for collection of leaf and yard waste.
- Provide Council the authority to pass policy dealing with the salvaging of bulky items left at curbside.
The text of the proposed amendments to the By-law may be inspected or a copy obtained from the Administration Office, 1 Church Street, Truro, or is available on the County website at www.colchester.ca.
Dated July 19, 2018
Chief Adminitstrative Office
Council Committee/Council and Council Related Meetings
- July - Council Summer Recess
- August 7, 2018 - Presentation Meeting @ 6 pm
- August 9, 2018 - Council Committee Meeting @ 7 pm
- August 30, 2018 - Council Meeting @ 7 pm
Note - Presentation Meetings are held on an as needed basis. Please check with the Administration Office to confirm that the meeting is taking place. All Presentation Meetings begin at 6:00 pm unless otherwise noted.
Click here for the agenda for the next regular scheduled Council or Council Committee meeting (as available)