Residents of the Municipality of Colchester and Town of Truro no longer have Fall Clean Up.
Each household can place one large item curbside on each one of their regular collection days for pick up. Examples of items that this collection could include are: a chair, a table, a bicycle, a fridge, etc.
Spring Clean-Up is the special collection of general household items that are too bulky for normal collection. These items are accepted during the specified clean-up weeks as identified on your collection schedule.
Items are to be placed within 10 feet of the road by 7:00am on the Monday of your collection week. Please note: Clean-up items should only be placed at the curb the weekend before your specified special collection week.
Each household, including apartment buildings of three units or less, are eligible for Spring Clean Up collection. The maximum weight of individual items cannot exceed 50lbs or one cubic meter in size, with the exception of furniture and appliances. Please remember, the maximum amount to be set out should not exceed 650lbs (picture the amount that can fit into the back of a half tonne truck). Any bagged garbage must be placed in clear bags for collection.
- Appliances (maximum one of each type)
- Boxsprings & mattresses
- Broken glass (safely packaged)
- Hot water tanks
- Lawn furniture
- Toys (bikes)
- Max. weight of individual items is 50lbs.
- Carpet 3ft. lengths
- Bagged loose material (CLEAR BAGS ONLY)
- Material in Solid Coloured or Blue Bags
- Automotive parts/batteries
- Wood (Pallets/Lumber/Branches)
- Hazardous, explosive or toxic waste
- Commercial or business waste
- Leaf and yard waste
- Liquid wastes
- Renovations or construction debris of large volumes
- Propane tanks
- Loose Materials
- Electronics - TV's, Computers, Printers, Stereos, VCR's, DVD Players, etc.
2019 Spring Clean Up Schedule
|Clean up areas||Dates|
|Zone 1||May 27th to 31st|
|Zone 2||May 27th to 31st|
|Zone 3||June 3rd to 7th|
|Zone 4||June 3rd to 7th|
|Zone 5||May 6th to 10th|
|Zone 6||May 6th to 10th|
|Zone 7||May 13th to 17th|
|Zone 8||May 21st to 24th|
|Town of Truro||April 29th to May 3rd|
|Town of Stewiacke||May 17th|
Want to know what Zone you are in? Enter your home address below!