2020 Spring Clean-up Replaced by Bulky Waste Collection
There will be no Spring Clean up program for residents of the Municipality of Colchester and Towns of Truro and Stewiacke this year. Residents are not permitted to put out a large pile of material curbside.
Each household can place two large items curbside on their regularly scheduled garbage collection day. Examples of items that this collection could include are: a chair, a table, a bicycle, a fridge, etc.
Bulky Waste Collection
This is a special collection of general household items that are too bulky for normal collection in a clear bag.
You are permitted a maximum of TWO BULKY ITEMS. They are to be placed within 10 feet of the road by 7:00am on your regularly scheduled garbage collection day. The maximum weight of individual items cannot exceed 50lbs or one cubic meter in size, except for furniture and appliances.
Only residential properties that are three units or less are eligible. In the Municipality of Colchester apartment buildings (four to six units) and non-profit organizations that have applied for residential curbside collection are eligible as well.
- Appliances (maximum one of each type)
- Boxsprings & mattresses
- Broken glass (safely packaged)
- Hot water tanks & Oil tanks (emptied)
- Lawn furniture
- Toys (bikes)
- Max. weight of individual items is 50lbs.
- Carpet 3ft. lengths (50 lbs max)
- Bundle of wood (50 lbs max)
- Material in Solid Coloured or Blue Bags
- Automotive parts/batteries
- Hazardous, explosive or toxic waste
- Commercial or business waste
- Liquid wastes
- Renovations or construction debris of large volumes
- Propane tanks
- Loose Materials
- Electronics - TV's, Computers, Printers, Stereos, VCR's, DVD Players, Microwaves, GPS, Gaming consoles, etc.
NOTE: Electronic Drop off depots are closed at this time due to Covid 19. Please continue to hold on to your electronic recyclables. To find a depot when re-opened visit: https://epra.ca (Subway Bottle Exchange, Bible Hill; TNT Recycling, Shubenacadie, and Tatamagouche Recycling, Tatamagouche).
2020 Two Bulky Items Collection Start Dates
|Municipality of Colchester||May 4, 2020|
|Town of Stewiacke||May 15, 2020|
|Town of Truro||April 27, 2020|
Want to know what Zone you are in? Enter your home address below!
Please note we are currently CLOSED to the general public at this time due to Covid-19 until further notice.