UPCOMING COMMUNITY INFO SESSIONS
Cozy Colchester & Solar Colchester Community Info Sessions
Come learn all about the Cozy Colchester & Solar Colchester residential financing programs and have all your questions answered.
- Wednesday, Dec. 1st from 7:00-8:00PM - Virtual Event (Zoom) Register here
- Monday, Dec. 6th from 6:30-7:30PM - Live Event at Brookfield Fire Hall Register here
Whether you are looking to get off oil with a heat pump, insulate your attic, or complete other renovations to increase the energy efficiency of your home – Cozy Colchester can help you every step of the way.
Not only does the program provide 0% interest financing to complete these upgrades, it also gives you access to an energy advisor to guide you through the whole process. This includes answering your questions, assisting with obtaining quotes, and ensuring you take advantage of the many provincial and federal rebate programs.
Why should I participate in Cozy Colchester?
We make it simple...
- Improve the value and comfort of your home
- Easy access to technical advice
- No money down
- 0% financing
- Savings that will exceed payments, in most cases
- Help to access and benefit from all eligible provincial and federal rebates
How do I participate?
- We can help you get a Home Energy Assessment and quotes from local contractors
- When you are ready, sign our Participant Agreement
- We authorize contractor to proceed
- We pay contractor once the work is complete
- Start your payments and start saving
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions COMING SOON! In the meantime, please phone (902) 920-0615 with any questions you may have.
Cozy Colchester will support almost any project that saves energy and reduces greenhouse gas emissions. Here are some examples:
- Air-source heat pumps
- Geothermal heat pumps
- Heat pump pool heaters
- Heat pump domestic water heaters
- Insulation and air sealing
- Exterior windows
- Exterior doors
- Smart thermostats
For solar PV, visit our Solar Colchester webpage.
Call for Contractors!
Are you a local contractor/supplier and want to know more about the program and grow your business?
Have your project pay for itself through energy savings!
On average, installing a heat pump will save you $110 /month in energy and it will cost $82/month in financing.
Key Financing Terms:
- Financing through your property, not personal credit
- 0% interest rate!
- 10- or 15-year terms, depending on the upgrade
- One-time 5% admin fee to cover program administration costs (see more details below in The Fine Print)
- No fees for early repayment
- Finance up to $30,000 or 25% of your property value (whichever is less)
- Low monthly payments with typical savings that will exceed payments
Combine with other Incentives
- You could be eligible for rebates from Efficiency NS and the new federal Greener Homes Program!
- Call us at 902-920-0615 and an energy advisor will help you to take advantage of all existing incentives available.
The Fine Print
Call us if you would like to see a sample Participant Agreement at 902-920-0615.
Additional Fees & Charges: There is a one-time 5% administration fee for each project to cover program administration costs, including energy concierge services, arranging free home energy assessments, checking property value & property tax status, helping homeowners navigate the rebate process, drafting and executing legal agreements, setting up and collecting monthly payments for 10-15 years, etc. The fee will be spread over the loan term and is not an upfront cost. For example: a $10,000 project with a 10 year loan term will have a $500 admin fee, equivalent to $4.16/month. Note that Solar Colchester and Cozy Colchester are operated on a user-pay model for the Municipality. This means the programs are not being subsidized by non-participating taxpayers.
There will be additional fees for missed loan payments.