Solar Colchester is a municipal Property Assessed Clean Energy (or “PACE”) program that allows eligible property owners in Colchester to install photovoltaic solar panels with financing assistance from the Municipality. Solar PV panels harvest clean energy from sunlight, which can save you money on your power bill and reduce your carbon footprint. Participants can pay for the project at an attractive interest rate over 10 years.
The program is available to homes with a single, owner-occupied dwelling unit and up to one rental unit, as well as certain non-profit institutions. See Eligibility under the “About the Program” tab for more information.
Residential applicants are eligible for the Efficiency Nova Scotia SolarHomes rebate, which can cover up to $6,000. Once you have applied to the Solar Colchester program, the solar contractor will apply for the rebate on your behalf.
You can apply online HERE or call Joanna at (902) 897-3168 to apply over the phone.
List of Approved Contractors
Solar Colchester participants may select a contractor from the following list. All solar installations financed by Solar Colchester must be installed by a contractor on this list. Projects installed by a contractor not on this list are not eligible for municipal financing.
- Canadian Solar Industries Association Nova Scotia Go Solar Guide – Includes all the information you need to know about solar PV in a Nova Scotian context
- Solar Nova Scotia glossary – A glossary of terms relating to solar PV that might help you navigate the process of installing solar panels
- Other resources from Solar Nova Scotia
- Credit Union Atlantic financing – If you are ineligible for Solar Colchester but would still like to install solar panels, the CUA’s Energy Efficiency Financing program may be a good fit for you:
- Efficiency NS SolarHomes Program – Offers a rebate to residential property-owners interested in solar PV