UPCOMING COMMUNITY INFO SESSIONS
General Cozy Colchester & Solar Colchester Info Sessions
Looking to reduce your energy costs or carbon footprint?
Wonder if a home efficiency upgrade would be good for your home?
Worried it might be complicated or expensive?
Attend an information session to learn how simple, affordable, and beneficial home efficiency upgrades can be:
All events are from 6:30-7:30PM. Please register HERE.
Monday January 17 - Replaced with a virtual event (link found below)
Monday, Jan. 31 – Grace Jollymore Joyce Arts Centre - Cancelled due to COVID
Monday, Feb. 7 – South Colchester (venue TBD)
Monday, Feb. 21 – The Peg, 10622 Nova Scotia Trunk 2, Masstown (across from Masstown Market)
Virtual Events (Zoom)
All events are from 6:30-7:30PM
Tuesday, Jan. 11 - Link
Monday, January 17 - Link
Tuesday, Jan. 25 - Link
Tuesday, Feb. 15 - Link
If you are looking to produce clean electricity and eliminate your power bill, Solar Colchester can help you every step of the way.
The program provides 0% interest financing to install solar panels and gives you access to an energy advisor to guide you through the whole process. This includes answering your questions, assisting with obtaining quotes, and ensuring you take advantage of provincial and federal rebate programs.
Why should I participate in Solar Colchester?
We make it simple...
- Generate clean energy and reduce your greenhouse gas emissions
- Easy access to technical advice
- No money down
- 0% financing
- Savings that will exceed payments, in most cases
- Help to access and benefit from all eligible provincial and federal rebates
How do I participate?
- We can help you get quotes from local contractors and a Home Energy Assessment (as needed)
- When you are ready, sign our Participant Agreement
- We authorize contractor to proceed
- We pay contractor once the work is complete
- Start your payments and start saving
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions COMING SOON! In the meantime, please phone
(902) 920-0615 with any questions you may have.
Solar PV (photovoltaic) projects on residential properties with up to four units are eligible
for financing. Please give us a call to confirm eligibility.
For other energy efficiency projects, visit our Cozy Colchester webpage.
Call for Contractors!
Are you a local contractor/supplier and want to know more about the program and
grow your business?
To express interest or get invited to our next industry engagement session, give us a
See our up-to-date list of approved Solar Colchester contractors here.
Have your project pay for itself through energy savings!
On average, installing a solar system will save you $130 /month in energy and it will cost $110/month in financing.
Key Financing Terms:
- Financing through your property, not personal credit
- 0% interest rate!
- Up to 15-year term
- One-time 5% admin fee to cover program administration costs (see more details below in The Fine Print)
- No fees for early repayment
- Finance up to $30,000 or 25% of your property value (whichever is less)
- Low monthly payments with typical savings that will exceed payments
Do you qualify for our Low-Income Administration Fee Exemption?
To better serve low-income residents of Colchester County, we have expanded our efforts to make Cozy Colchester and Solar Colchester programs more accessible. In combination with 0% financing and no upfront costs, the 5% administration fee will be waived for all qualifying households that meet the following criteria:
Family Size Household Income
Single Less than $26,485
Family of 2 Less than $34,982
Family of 3 or more Less than $41,978
Let’s minimize costs and maximize energy savings, together!
Combine with other Incentives
- You could be eligible for up to $6,000 for from Efficiency NS Solar Homes program or up to $5,000 from the new federal Greener Homes Program!
- We'll ensure you take advantage of all existing incentives available!
The Fine Print
Call us if you would like to see a sample Participant Agreement at 902-920-0615.
Additional Fees & Charges: There is a one-time 5% administration fee for each project to cover program administration costs, including energy concierge services, arranging free home energy assessments, checking property value & property tax status, helping homeowners navigate the rebate process, drafting and executing legal agreements, setting up and collecting monthly payments for 10-15 years, etc. The fee will be spread over the loan term and is not an upfront cost. For example: a $10,000 project with a 10 year loan term will have a $500 admin fee, equivalent to $4.16/month. Note that Solar Colchester and Cozy Colchester are operated on a user-pay model for the Municipality. This means the programs are not being subsidized by non-participating taxpayers.
There will be additional fees for missed loan payments.